Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Update

Now,

Just because I haven't posted anything doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Quite the contrary, in fact.

1. Tracked down a significant person in Nico Lathouris  who happened to be holding a workshop called "Praxis" via MEAA , all for free.
 I had a terrific day.
 I got to be a student again and watch another teacher battle with a a large class of adults and not enough time.
I made contact with Nico so now I can approach him to be interviewed.
I learned heaps about yet another methos of approaching teaching screen ( and one I was wanting to research.

2. First interview is to be shot next Wed June 1. Tony Knight, exiting Head of Drama at NIDA and my old classmate. he would have seen many changes in approach since he started there some 20 years ago.

3. I have been teaching three separate classes of students in screen acting and presenting  over May. My brain is a bit stretched as to where they are all at with which course but the bonus is I have been looking at the process in a different way because of this project. I have also asked some of them if they would be okay with being included as general class footage for the doco.

4. I have been reading and watching some material via the library and other sources around teaching screen actors. I've enjoyed the detail.

Off to NIDA to teach tonight . More later.